Re: Fwd: Iliad

Hi,

At 15:10 1/02/2007, David Poehlman wrote:
>Begin forwarded message:
>
>From: "Mark in Clinton TWP. MI" <MarWar@PROVIDE.NET>
>Date: January 31, 2007 1:09:19 PM EST
>To: BLIND-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
>Subject: Iliad
>
>Hello All,
>      There was a simple search engine which operated via e-mail called
>      Iliad at Nasa.
>    It seems to be now gone and the address was:
>iliad@prime.jsc.nasa.gov
>   *This above is the address which has worked for that service for
>many years
>    however now seems to have been done away with.
>     Does anyone know of a replacement for Iliad or has anyone another
>      e-mail search engine that they have used with any success?

This sounds like something that could be built on top of
Google's SOAP Search API [1] but Google is no longer issuing
new API keys because (?) they now have an AJAX Search API.
(But even if they were still issuing API keys, I would not have
the time to build such an application, and the number of queries
would be limited to 1,000 per day.)

[1] http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/index.html and
http://code.google.com/apis/soapsearch/reference.html

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group