Re: Major UK bank wont listen

The Australian Act is the Disability Discrimination Act 1992
The UK Act is Disability Discrimination Act 2005 Chapter 13.
The USA Act is Section 508 of The Rehabilitation Act.

There is no legal advocacy in Australia, despite the precedent case of
Maguire v Sydney Olympics.
Those who might be suing are busy selling training courses for $495 a
head per day.

What about a page testing banks for accessibility compliance in the UK
USA and Australia?

http://www.hereticpress.com/Dogstar/Publishing/AustUni.html#research

Am I being too aggressive in these reviews?

Tim

On 08/06/2007, at 6:00 PM, Julian Voelcker wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
>> 3) Inform the DDA after the work has been completed
>
> I assume you are referring to the Disability Discrimination Act or is
> there a body called DDA?
>
> You are better off talking to the DRC - Disability Rights Commission
> (http://www.drc.org.uk/) - it is their job to ensure that the DDA is
> adhered to.
>
> Some years ago they teamed up with the RNIB to try to bring cases
> against large companies that didn't have accessible web sites in order
> to test the DDA and try to introduce some case law which would then act
> as a milestone for the other companies to enncourage them to ensure
> that their websites adhere to the DDA.
>
> They would be very interested to hear of a large bank (a) not adhereing
> to the accessiblity standards yet blatantly claiming that they do.
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Julian Voelcker
> Cirencester, United Kingdom