Re: WAI mandate to work with other WGs?

On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:06:04 +0100, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:

> Could I just check (I seem to remember reading something long these
> lines somewhere, but can't find it now): does WAI have a mandate to work
> with other WGs to ensure the accessibility of any specs currently being
> developed?
>
> I ask mainly because of growing concerns in some accessibility quarters
> about some of the seemingly arbitrary changes and additions being made
> to HTML5,...

You are remembering correctly. The group in question is the Protocols and Formats Working Group http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF

If it makes you any happier then, as a member of both groups and with an interest in exactly this question, as the HTML WG starts to seriously review the WHATWG spec I will be explicitly looking at it from an accessibility perspective. I trust I will not be alone...

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com  Catch up: Speed Dial  http://opera.com