Re: LIFT Text Transcoder

yes it certainly needs a little more (ok a lot more) clarification but the
bottom line still is that a kid in school has to be able to access the
required information and that has to comply with thier IEP.  and since
most proprietary text screen readers are outrageously overpriced it is
worth the effort to get the open source screen readers accomodated.  (and
if it accomodates the screen readers it probably also accomodates most
everything else open source)

Bob

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Right there are accessibility requirements under section 504
> and there are legal cases in the courts related to extending
> ADA to include web technology accessibility.  It is just not
> specifically stated in the law that Section 508 Information
> Technology Accessibility Standards is the requirement.
>
> Hopefully Section 508 would be updated to include more
> functional accessibility requirements of WCAG and that these
> enhancedrequirements would be legally defined for Section
> 504 and ADA.
>
> Jon

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net