Re: Noscript equivalent for clearing default text input values

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:49:27PM -0000, Julian Scarlett wrote:
> > Ah, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I was trying to say that
> > if JavaScript degrades gracefully, then you shouldn't need to
> > mention it at all. No, <noscript>, just nothing.

> Forgive my ignorance but I rarely use client-side scripting so it's
> not been an issue for me before but doesn't the lack of <noscript>
> go against WCAG1 checkpoints? I've always been under the impression
> that <noscript> was required for all javascript but maybe not so
> long as it's device independent. Yes/no?

  'Provide a text equivalent for every non-text element (e.g., via
  "alt", "longdesc", or in element content). This includes:
  ... scripts ...'

The above might suggest that, but it also says:

  'This guideline emphasizes the importance of providing text
  equivalents of non-text content'

The script you described doesn't sound like /content/.