From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Julian Voelcker
Sent: 06 October 2005 09:00
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Accessibility for Deaf/Dumb

Morning All,

A client of ours has suggested putting some sign language images on their site that tells visitors to call a special phone line kitted out for braille based phones.

My gut feeling is that this is taking things too far and anybody that is deaf or dumb would be able to read normal text so the sign language would be unnecessary.

Am I wrong?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker