RE: Accessibility for Deaf/Dumb

> Moot point - depends on what is considered a 'reasonable adjustment'.

I think that's too simplistic. Reasonable adjustment is only a legal
term - it has nothing to do with brand values or communication
objectives. If the client has invested heavily in accessibility
services, and this is a USP for the business, then it may feel that
signposting this through the use of icons and appropriate imagery
provides benefits to both business and user. In this case, simply
building a compliant site may not be enough.

Also, in my view iconography is one of the most overlooked areas of
accessibility. People with learning difficulties are taught to read
using associated imagery, and there may well be a case that other
people's comprehension of key functionality and site areas maybe
improved - e.g. scanning pages and multi-lingual sites.