From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jon Gunderson
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:06 PM
To: W3C WAI-IG
Subject: On-line Course: REHAB 711 Designing Universally Accessible Web
Resources

Please share this course information with people you think might benefit
from taking this course.

On-line Course: REHAB 711 Designing Universally Accessible Web Resources

The course focuses on designing web resources to be functionally accessible
to people with disabilities.  The course is designed for web developers and
explores the details  of HTML markup that impact accessibility and
interoperability.  The course focuses on forward looking web design
techniques so resources easily adapt legacy, current and future web browsing
technologies. The goal of the course is to help developers understand how
creating universally designed web resources not only benefits people with
disabilities, but benefit everyone by making web resources more adaptable to
a wider range of technolgoies and the preferences of all users.

Instructor:
Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP

Days: Tuesday and Thursdays
Time: 3:30-4:30pm CST (Chicago local Time USA)
Dates: October 11th to December 15th, 2005
Location: On the web, all lectures are archived

More information at: http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/courses/2005-10-REHAB711NC/

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Director of IT Accessibility Services
Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES) and
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology Disability
Resources and Education Services (DRES)

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu