RE: Tables and the Summary attribute

At 08:58 AM 9/22/2005, Andrew Kirkpatrick wrote:

> > As a side note, not that I use tables for layout, but if you
> > need to, I would use a blank summary attribute for layout tables.
>
>I have a hard time agreeing with this advice.  This seems no more
>sensible than standardizing on summary="layout" (ok, it would be more
>language independent).  How about if you are using a layout table, don't
>use the summary attribute at all?

That's what we had decided at OCW - it's akin to creating ALT
attributes with values of "spacer" or "bullet", in my opinion.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong@pobox.com

http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org        Potter.
http://www.hackerfoundation.org          Future.
http://www.wkdelong.org           Son.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org