From: Steve Pattison <srp@bigpond.net.au>
Date: August 31, 2005 9:45:51 AM EDT
To: Access L <access-l@icomm.ca>
Subject: Fwd: Accessible Ranking of Web Sites, Survey Needs Participants

To: nfbcs@nfbnet.org
From: David Andrews dandrews@visi.com

  Hi

  My Name is Matthew Webb and I and a Student at Portsmouth
University. I am
  doing a study into web page accessibility for blind people. A PhD
student
  has conducted some research and devised some algorithms to rank web
pages.
  I have implemented these algorithms, and created a search engine that
  ranks the results of a web search by how accessible they are.

  I require blind participants to take part in a trial of  the search
engine
  that has been created, to establish how useful it is for blind
people. The
  participants will be asked to look at 3 sets of web pages generated
by the
  different search engines, and then score each web page by how
accessible
  they find it.

  Would it be possible for you to ask your members if they would like to
  participate, in this study.

  To take part please go click on the link below and follow the
  instructions.

www.mathewwebb.f2s.com/study/

  If you have any problems please email me.

  Regards

  Matthew Webb

David Andrews and white cane Harry.

Regards Steve,