 From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of Matthew Smith
 Sent: Sat 23/07/2005 08:26
 To: WAI Interest Group
 Subject: <abbr></abbr> - use once or use many?

 Hi

 Whilst guidelines call for <abbr></abbr> to be used on the first
 occurrence of an abbreviation, I have always tended to use it on all
 occurrences, to save the reader having to go back to look for the
 definition, should they forget it.

 What are others thoughts on this - use once, or use many?

 Cheers

 Matthew Smith
 Kadina Business Consultancy, South Australia
 Work: <http://www.kbc.net.au> Personal: <http://www.mss.cx>