[Fwd: Re: WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 10.4]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 10.4
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:50:51 -0400
From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
To: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>

I don't mind, but if there is nothing in the blank, braille cannot be
put there by any software.  Also, don't leave out the rest of the
message.  What about my state example?  Also, I have answered
questions about this on the lists.  I am a staunch conservative but
not without reason.  For instance, I never advocated one line per link.

--
Jonnie Apple Seed
With His:

On Jul 12, 2005, at 8:55 AM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

David Poehlman wrote:

> patric, if the form is being brailled, you need something to note
> that a blank is there to be filled in.  The braille form will not
> be  filled in but used as a representation thus it needs not only a
> place  holder, but the length of the field to be filled in.
> Remember fill  in the blank? the blank was a blank block.  In
> braille, it was noted  with a dashed line running the length of the
> field.

Interesting. I'm sure I've asked about this guideline no less than 3
times in the last few years, and never came across this
reply...thanks for finally giving some feedback on this. Annoying, I
have to say, as it's clearly (IMHO) a shortcoming of the software
that turns the page to braille. Out of interest: what software is it?

Do you mind if I forward you email (and my reply) to the list?

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com

Patrick H. Lauke