Re: Accesskey and tabindex not helpful to blind users?

B.K. DeLong wrote:
> I see
> accesskey and tabindex being very useful for those who cannot manipulate
> a pointing device as well as those who are blind however in light of
> Rich's comments, I'm not quite sure where to go from here and I'd like
> to solicit the list's comments.

Tabindex is good if you're stuck with old-style, table based, kludgey
markup, but has largely been superseded (IMHO) by the idea of having a
right source-order and, if necessary, using CSS to position things a
certain way visually.

As for accesskeys, I tend to side with John/Derek's view, although
granted in some instances it can make sense to have them (depending on
audience, purpose, etc). If anything, I'd go with a minimal set of keys.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com