Re: label tag question

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:10:03 +1000, Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
wrote:

> The best alternative hasn't yet been mentioned; the title attribute.
>
> <input name="filterId" value="" id="filterId" type="text" title="search
> text" />
>
> It doesn't depend on whether or not the text is visible. It uses the
> title as it should be used.

It does use the title as it should be used, but it is invisible to many
people. I don't think it is a good pure substitute for a proper label -
more a good parallel resource to cope with the fact that people need to
use different and generally incomplete tools to get the best possible
access for themselves.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org