Re: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

On 16 Feb, David Woolley wrote:

>>   Wouldn't it be wonderful if HTML had a MENU element which could
>
> Are you being sarcastic or did you really not know that it was dropped
> because no browser rendered it differently from other list types.

  I am *entirely* sarcastic - the idea that a structural element is
  dropped because it "renders no differently", then *reintroduced* under
  another name in a future XHTML is ... amazing.

  An element which is commonly interpreted as a "menu" - regardless of
  actual name - and which can contain list items would be a rather
  wonderful thing in my view.

  I can hardly be more sarcastic.

   [+46] 0708 557 905