Re: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

On 14 Feb, david poehlman wrote:

> I learn as I go.  It's good tat you can use css but suppose I decide I
> want to put it on tape. Never mind this road.  Anchors have been
> around longer than te wai and if judicious use of internal anchors is
> made, skip to anything is not needed.

  Indeed they have - which is why the controversy surrounding this issue
  confuses me.

  There is really no difference, in principle or in practice, between a
  "table of contents" link and a "main content" link. Both internal,
  both within the standards, both used exactly as internal links are
  meant to be used.

  Perfect.

  As for the need - yes, there will *always* be a need for internal
  anchors to skip between various sections of a document - UNLESS, of
  course, we decide to predefine a number of a types of sections a
  document can have. Sortof not the new-fangled XML-type method, that.

   [+46] 0708 557 905