RE: Alt text for URL's

Andy wrote:

I've got a graphic of the following text.

Cloathing brand of the year. Roadcyclinguk.com

However I imagine a screenreader will mangle the domain name if I use
it in the alt text. As the image is wrapped in a link to that URL can I
safely drop the domain name. Alternatively would it be better to spell
the domain name out like this:

Road cycling U.K. dot com?

I have a couple of questions:
1. What's "cloathin"?
2. Does the anchor include screen text as well as the graphic? And if it
does contain screen text, does that text duplicate the graphical text?

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Accessibility Institute
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712
ph 512-495-4288, f 512-495-4524
email jslatin@mail.utexas.edu
web http://www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/

I've got a graphic of the following text.

Cloathing brand of the year. Roadcyclinguk.com

However I imagine a screenreader will mangle the domain name if I use
it in the alt text. As the image is wrapped in a link to that URL can I
safely drop the domain name. Alternatively would it be better to spell
the domain name out like this:

Road cycling U.K. dot com?

Andy Budd

http://www.message.uk.com/