Re: accessible banking:

Kurt_Mattes@bankone.com wrote:
>> Why is that?
>
> Odd as it may seem, as much as some care about the Internet
> being accessible, most care more about their financial
> information being correct at their financial institution.

Interesting.

> Point somehow was lost here - there are thousands of hours of
>  testing involved when launching a new online banking site. I
> never said all of these were for accessibility testing. Given
> the large number of hours required to assure all users
> financial information is presented correctly, management is
> reluctant to add more testing hours to support additional
> browsers/platforms.

This sounds more like the generation of financial information is
where the testing revolves, not the presentation of it. In which
case, proper repeatable unit testing of essentially business
logic will reduce this enormous expense.

I find it hard to believe that the presentation could present
that much of a problem that two browsers would render every page
of an online banking application differently enough to warrant
this level of testing.

Do you have sample HTML which demonstrates that two modern
browsers render the data in such a way as to present two
different set of facts/relationships?

>> Testing each use-case against the basic system is *most
>> certainly* not something which requires "thousands of QA
>> hours",
>
> You make this statement based on?  I suppose you are
> comfortable with the banks records of your financial
> information being *basically* correct. For most visitors
> assuring that only "...the basic system..." is accurate is
> simply not good enough.

I think you need to clarify what you mean by "basically
correct". Correct as to what - the actual figure itself? If so,
what leads you to believe that a bank balance of three hundred
kwacha will be different in two different browsers using the
same online banking front-end?