From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of david poehlman
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 9:10 AM
To: Kelly Pierce; John Carpenter; wai-ig list
Subject: Re: accessible banking:

Kelly and all, the laws are flawed in this fashion.  they assume lack of
people function when the issue is lack of technology function.  I just read a piece on this in fact from the ncd called "righting the ada" which sadly carries this mal assumption forward.  90 ercent or more of the issues we face are artificial and the sooner they are dealt with, the better.  It is as you point out 2005 and was not right in any age to task technology with setting the tone for people's lives but rather technology should be tasked to serve us.

I did state in my message that this has nothing to do with law, but perhaps I was in error.  The law should read that anyone should be able to access and fully use any tehnology appropriate for a task and which fits their
needs.  There are many places in the country and in the world where is is a mis fit and always will be.

Johnnie Apple Seed