Re: HTML title element, DC.title

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:02:36 +1030, Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Where Dublin Core metadata is provided, embedded within a document
> header or separately, is it true to say that the HTML <title></title>
> element in the document header should have exactly the same content as a
> DC.title assertion about that document?

Hmm. At the least, I would think it is a sensible default.

My reservation comes from the way that the title element is used, as
compared to a metadata title - there is an argument to be made that an
HTML title should be designed to be easily recognised in a web-browsing
situtation, whereas a DC title can afford to be more "artistic" (for want
of a decent way to explain what I mean :-( I am not sure how strong that
argument is though.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                 Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org                      http://www.sidar.org