From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of david poehlman
Sent: 13 May 2005 16:47
To: David Balch; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Is an empty alt attribute ok when...

caption and alt are two different things.  alt replaces an image, a
captionis afoot note to it.  If you have an image of a person eating noodles

with chopsticks, you can put a description in the caption if you like but it

should be a short one as has been pointed out.  Thealt though should be
something that makes sense when images are notloaded such as do you like
eating noodles with chopsticks?  or I eat noodles with chopsticks, or some
people eat noodles with chopsticks.  What does the image mean is what goes
in/do goes in the alt, image enhancement information would go in the caption

ana description would go in long desc.  To bad we don't just have a desc
tag.