RE: * for required Re: Inline Style Sheet Question

chaals wrote
>You could also use the title attribute, but remember that this is not
>going to be sen by some users at all so don't rely on it as the only
>mechanism.

You need to be careful where you implement the title attribute as it is
not recognised by screen readers on most elements that cannot receive
keyboard focus
Also if placed on an input element it overrides the content of the label
element for some versions of JAWS and is overidden by the label content
in window eyes 4.02

best regards
stevef

So
> the asterisk itself will be ignored...
>
> A couple of ways around it: emphasise the labels (although some screen

> readers don't actually pick up emphasis at all :-( for things that are

> required, or put a word like optional or required in. This last is
> becoming much more common, and strikes me as the best solution
> where there
> are just a couple of optional or just a couple of required fields.
>
> You could also use the title attribute, but remember that this is not

> going to be sen by some users at all so don't rely on it as the only
> mechanism.
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals
>
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:04:20 +1000, Beheler Kim <beheler_kim@bah.com>

> wrote:
>
> > I thought that using Color to convey information would be something
> > like...
> >
> > All text in Red indicates a negative value.  $5.00
> >
> > In my case you have the text "* indicates a required field" at the
top
> > of the page and the * would be the reason it is not just color
conveying
> > the information.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside Later
for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com