Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 15:43, Paul Davis wrote:

> I did not miss your point, but neither did I see any claim on any of the
> highlighted sites to the effect of suggested trend setting.

Why would you? The sites aren't claiming to set trends, it was Jesper
Tverskov in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2004JanMar/0569.html>
who suggested we follow their lead.

> It seems your ideal is to point out the lack of ability on the part of others,
>  say you can do it correctly, then do nothing.

While I suspect I could do it better, I don't currently have the
privilege(?) of working on a multilingual site (although it is possible
I will be in the not to distant future).

I also see no point in repeating earlier discussion in the thread which
Mr. Tverskov was arguing against, as those points have already been made
and are available in the public archive of this mailing list.

> It is always easy and safer to seek the
> negative angle. I feel it may be time for your's and others' expertise to be
> used,

So I don't use my expertise do I? That's a pretty big assumption. (Its a
wrong assumption BTW).

--
David Dorward                                 <http://dorward.me.uk/>