Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 01:33, Paul Davis wrote:
> I cannot believe you guys are getting so hot under the collar about such
> tiny percentages of people who could  possibly be affected by your thread,

The number of people visiting sites that are available in multiple
languages is tiny?

> yet on the UN site the glaring use of subtle color changes on mouseover has
> gone unremarked on, if I was color blind and confused blues and greens or
> low vision user, the language link disappears!! or am I missing something
> here, please explain.

You are missing that a complete critique of the site isn't needed in
order to point out that the authors of the site are unlikely to have the
technical knowledge to implement language negotiation.

> Or are you advocating every web site should adhere to your way of thinking.
> Because if you are then you can kiss goodbye to every comercially orientated
> website designer and/or owner that still gives this forum any credibility.

Strawman argument.

--
David Dorward                                 <http://dorward.me.uk/>