Re: How to handle RSS Feeds

At 09:54 2004-03-11, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
>How are other members of the list dealing with RSS Feeds or rather with
>the presentation of the XML node tree,  and what can be done about it?

Browsers are not the right tool to deal with 'raw' RSS: they may show you
the XML elements but are not made to interpret the data - so I use an RSS
reader. While there are browser-based systems (like Amphetadesk), these
systems actually *interpret* the RSS feeds to make sense of the data in
presentation, and these can be useful away from home. Generally a
speciallized RSS client is much to be preferred: they are made to make
sense of the data itself and present that data by interpreting it (much
more than "node tree", the actual data in the tree), rather than just
displaying the XML which IMO is pretty useless except for debugging purposes.

What can be done about it? Tell people to use an RSS reader - there are
plenty about, including very good free ones.

--
Marjolein Katsma
Spam Reporting Addresses: http://banspam.javawoman.com/report3.html