FW: Linearizing Site Maps was RE: Should site maps be considered? (Re: Site Map)

Originally Wrote On: Monday, February 09, 2004 9:44 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org  but somehow didn't make it to the list.  :(

(snip)

> So far there were several opinions about site maps saying they're
> dated or otherwise un-useful. Please realize that not everyone uses
> the Web the way you do, and certainly not everyone thinks of it as a
> book with linear layout. A site map can be a good thing, and if coded
> adequately can read as a table of contents to a screen reader or to
> those who turn images off.

*nods*

This is sort of *swaying* the topic in another direction and then not...

I'm currently trying to linearize my sitemap
<http://www.is.visisoul.com/sitemap.html>, but I'm having a bit of trouble
at the moment.  I certainly will do some more investigation on my own (I
gave up to give my brain some time to think since a bazillion things are on
my mind) but wonder if anyone had some *immediate* ideas (that won't
inconvenience you) as to how to go about it.  One of my objectives with the
site map is to have a graphical looking effect without having too many
graphics.  Currently the way I have it set up, it seems to be a bit complex
for working out the headers, etc..

I have taken some time out over the last couple of months to study and bring
myself up to speed so my Web site is in serious need of an update to reflect
my current knowledge.  Do know, however, that accessibility or rather
universal accessibility is Very important to me or I wouldn't be on this
list!

I would appreciate feedback from *anyone*.  Bring it on... :)

Regards,

Isabelle
<http://www.is.visisoul.com>  Whose site is lacking in accessibility at the
moment.  erg!

Dreamhost Web hosting - it's truly a dream!!
<http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?bdip>  Referral ID:  bdip