Re: [OT] Re: grouping and bypassing links

Hello Gabriel,

I think the best solution is to combine what you have been doing with
what James suggests about including a list:

<map title="Menu de navegación">
<ul>
        <li><a href="index.htm" class="Menu" title="Página de Inicio"
accesskey="I">Inicio</a></li>
        <li><a href="Contacto.htm" class="Menu" title="Acceso a la
Página de Contacto"accesskey="C">Contacto</a></li>
</ul>
</map>

<h1><a name="firstOption">Opciones en esta pagina</a></h1>

 Changes I made:
1. remove tabindex - because it is probably not necessary.

If you have other links before the menu you might like to put it back.
Alternatively you can put the menu after the main content, but make it
appear near the top of the page, using a column layout with CSS float.
Have a look at http://www.w3.org/2002/02/css-float-test.html for an
example that explains itself, and has a spanish version. There are lots
of other explanations of this...

2. remove hreflang="es" - I assume the starting page is also in
spanish. If you use content or language negotiation to have multiple
options available for some pages, this could even be misleading.

As far as I know very old versions of Amaya are the only browser that
won't show the content of the map. Some configurations of Lynx, new
versions of Amaya, and probably some other browsers, allow you to skip
over the entire block with a keystroke or two. Keeping the link there
means you can skip past the menu with any browser...

cheers

Chaals
(a few more comments below)

On 6 Feb 2004, at 13:50, Gabriel Bulfon wrote:

> (First of all sorry for my english)

No problem - but did you know that there are accessibility groups
working in spanish (and other languages - finnish, french, italian,
...), who have members in this list as well?

> I am reformulate my question because I am not satisfied with my work
> (I am
> new about accessibility, sorry).

no need to be sorry - everybody is new when they begin :-)

> If this is not question to this list, say me.

I think this question is very appropriate to the list...