Re: WAI Checkpoint 7.5: Re-directs

On 29 Jan, tom wrote:

> Surely we can't be saying that re-directs are prohibited altogether (whether using mark-up or
> otherwise), that would leave little room for elegant broken link handling or so-called marketing
> urls (e.g. bbb.co.uk/news), on which many sites rely.

  Redirection per se is not prohibited. However, it should be done by
  way of the server issuing the proper HTTP status code.

  Any client-side method - scripting or META - is not an elegant
  solution; and breaks rather horribly in some situations.

  But no, redirection per se is not prohibited; the WCAG does not as far
  as to actually deny you the use of HTTP :)

   [+46] 0708 557 905