Re: Emails for pwld

Harry,

In the UK the rule is not to name the child, or vulnerable person. This
issue has been brought up on the IG list in the past..... What is the
regulation in Australia?

One has to balance this life enhancement against the risk, and the risk
is very small, whereas the potential pleasure is large.
There are many similar problems, such as taking epileptics swimming,
and risk analysis is an essential skill.

Take a look at the sites we link to and you will find endless resources
with photos of 'vulnerable' people on them.
Furthermore it is an exciting and motivating experience to see oneself
published to the world, and know that one can find ones work anywhere
in it!

There is no need to identify who the photographs are of, remember only
one photo in say twenty needs to be of a known person, and that person
does not need to be a vulnerable person, it can be a parent, carer,
favourite character, etc. in the limit, it does not even need to be a
person but could for instance be a teddy, doll, sweet wrapper,  If you
got the first one wrong, you'd be none the wiser, and be looking at
random photos .

thanks

Jonathan