RE: NVU, child of Mozilla Composer (Windows & Linux)

Yes, but you have knowledge of the issues.  Why don't tools help novices in
these areas.  There are enough tools and plugins out there to build a
WYSIWYG tool that will guide users who need to be guided, who want to be.

I have been in a situation where I was quoting for a job where the
requirements were that all pages needed to meet Strict DTD XHTML and WAI-AA.
No problem, but that they could also be easily maintained by the client
organisation with DW4.  This to my knowledge is not possible, it will screw
it up every time.  They couldn't afford to upgrade their organisation to
DWvX.  What do you do?  They want their cake and eat it too.  And
organisations like this do not what to deal with the issues, as far as they
are concerned I'm the one who is incompetent if I have problems with these
requirements.

WHAT I really feel is needed by Macromedia, is to issue a version of DW Lite
with the licensed version.  This version would have no code generation or
design facilities at all, but could be configured to distribute to clients
of the licensee to update content without touching the code, and make sure
the marked up content is valid.

For instance, being configured to only access areas in the content marked
with content identifiers set by the developer.  Maybe they could extract a
small license fee for this Lite version.

It because there is nothing around that addresses this need, I'd like to see
something address it.

Geoff