  From: John Colby [mailto:John.Colby@uce.ac.uk]
  Sent: Thursday, 17 June 2004 1:47 PM
  To: Geoff Deering; sdale@stevendale.com
  Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
  Subject: RE: NVU, child of Mozilla Composer (Windows & Linux)

  From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of Geoff Deering

  Looking at the NVu situation pragmatically, if a tool is let alone to develop *without* accessibility functions then that tool is going to be limited in its market anyway, so to be in on the ground floor of development would be a definite benefit. I've used it in the pervious version to build a couple of pages (v 0.2), and it has potential, not least in the inclusion of a site mapping function. This iast is the only thing I use any form of Dreamweaver for - so releasing from the necessity of using such a tool would be a definiate benefit.
  We here (UCE School of Computing and Information) have finally been able to dump Frontpage - the last people to use it have rewritten their material - so a tool like this has potential.

  OK NVu is under development - and needs work, but what doesn't - but if a truly accessible authoring tool were to come from this then it will be well worth it.

  (OK, back to bed now - just checking email while the dogs wanted to go out - don't normally work at this time of the morning)

  John