From: "Phill Jenkins" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2004 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: The Audio Network

David, what do you mean by
"it places a heavy requirement burden on the user." ?

The user has to have real player installed, and he has to remember the
keyboard shortcuts - so far no issues.  But the biggest problem I see is
in an audio interface implemented this way as a bunch of audio files is
that when returning to a page, it starts playing at the top again.  While
a traditional screen reader interface will usually continue where you left
off on that page - a big difference in my opinion. Of course a screen
reader will also let you navigate around the page, not just listen in
prerecorded sequence.  And as with most prerecorded audio, there is little
chance to change the synthesizer voices.  I would characterize this site
more as limited "interactive radio" on the web.

Regards,
Phill