RE: More scripting thoughts Pt. 2 (was RE: Accessible road maps)

Oh but it does :)  there isn't much difference between quickbooks et al.
and what one can do in a 'page'.  There are hybrid releases out already
that have equivalent clients in binary ( 'rich client' ) and web client.
E.g. Outlook express and WebNews are siblings sharing the same data
system for their NNTP metadata, while there are UI difference they are
market and not technology differences.
:
The IM example is, imho, a red herring as the single insurmountable
difference is the listener socket :)  there is precious little that one
cannot do in the UI that is distinguishable from a web based UI.  {
OpenGL, VML, DHTML, GDI religious war omitted for brevity ;) }

But I think we are actually in agreement here, quoting your last:
"I think we need to make the Web accessible as a document or interface
medium"

Which is precisely what I, and I believe Matt, are saying.  I'm seeing
no difference between a doc or an interface that sits on a URI.  As such
we should be gearing toward accessibility recommendations that provide
guidance for both paradigms.

/m