Re: Screen readers - usage stats?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Steven Dale wrote:

> Back off bud,

Pardon?

> >> You might try asking a survey online....
>
>   I was responding to someone asking how to get usage stats for open source.

And I was responding to the idea that an online survey might give you
meaningful results.  Not a hope in hell.

> I, as a developer with some open source projects, know how proud of their
> work they are.  It was said in a helpful way and reflected no defamitory
> remarks to those who use or develop open source applications.

I never suggested otherwise.

> > Neither can those many developers and users who, for example, take a
> > path of least resistance by having Konqueror identify itself as MSIE.
>
> I know not why Konqueror takes that path and I dont wish to speculate on
> that.

To avoid being locked out by clueless websites that read a User-Agent
string and tell you your browser is unsupported.  That's an FAQ.

--
Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/