Re: How to Toggle User Style Sheets in IE?

David Woolley wrote:

>>I know that in IE (Internet Explorer) it is possible to use JavaScript / =
>>

>I hope you don't mean that it is possible to do this from a web page!
>I can see a large number of web page authors adding such scripting to
>their standard repertoire if this were the case.  Disabling user style
>sheets is something that must only be possible through the local user
>interface or locally installed frontends to that interface.

Yes, you can do it.  Two examples:

www.accessibilityworks.co.uk

and www.josephleech.co.uk

Best not to use JavaScript as things fall down if it has been disabled
by the user.  I use PHP, there's a great tutorial here:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/phpswitch/

--

Usability      Accessibility      Web Design

t | 07905 33 4163

e | me@josephleech.co.uk

w| www.josephleech.co.uk