De: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] En
nombre de Regine Lambrecht
Enviado el: jueves, 08 de abril de 2004 17:12
Para: Charles McCathieNevile; IG Group
Asunto: RE: Hera: Free Web-based evalaution tool

Hello everybody,

please refer to the address http://www.sidar.org/hera/index.php.es for
full information about Hera, because the http://www.sidar.org/hera/ does
not work at the moment.

Régine Lambrecht
ASCii, Brussels

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: jeudi 8 avril 2004 15:52
To: IG Group
Subject: Hera: Free Web-based evalaution tool

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to pre-announce Hera, Sidar's web-based evaluation tool. I
am pre-announcing it because we think that you can use it, but it is  a
beta and we know there are some things we haven't done yet. Try it at
http://www.sidar.org/hera/

Among them is translating the entire documentation. It was written in
Spanish (naturally enough) and although the basic procedure stuff is
translated the very detailed help stuff isn't yet. There are also some
pieces missing. But comments on these are welcome either in english to
the WAI ERT list w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org which is probably more appropriate
or here (which I watch). Comments in spanish are welcomed by Sidar's G1
group (tools).

Hera is mostly based on CSS style sheets that allow the user to identify
various aspects of a page - a little like the Wave, but more step by
step. For that reason it requires a good implementation of CSS to
function properly. It is designed to work with Opera, but most of the
important features work with Safari or Mozilla (we are working on a
testing tool that will allow us to record which features exactly work
where).

It generates reports either as HTML or as EARL - W3C's RDF language for
recording test results, using the latest working draft. It  is available
in both english and spanish, and is content-negotiated so you should get
whichever version your browser asks for by preference (if neither, the
default is spanish).

enjoy...

Chaals