Re: fixed font size

> Joe Clark wrote:
> But for most people they don't have a choice. Even if it's through
> ignorance or fear of something different they still don't have the choice.
> It's time to get pragmatic Joe and realise that we have to code for
> *every* combo of user agent, platform and disability and not just the
> ones that we feel like.

It's not that I don't agree, but ... umm, I don't _quite_ agree. They
always have a choice, but because the choice might be hard (in any
degree of that word), it is stamped as "no choice." A company policy
*can* be changed, a different browser *can* be installed, and so forth.
Fear of a choice or even ignorace still leaves choices. (Exempt from this
is of course a lot of disability related issues)

Anyways, about designing for everybody; yes, bravo, and all that, but since
you mentioned pragmatic Joe, he's not going to do it. It is for a lot of
people a question of economics more than that of doing it right, and the
question of economics doesn't merge between "design for them all" and
"design by standards." The standards, if we follow them, *will* also
speak the language of economics, and getting people to understand this
(and hence get rid of the bad apples) should be a priority to us all.

humbly,

Alex