From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of P.H.Lauke
Sent: 29 September 2003 13:38
To: WAI-IG
Subject: RE: [w3c-wai-ig] <none>

> Let the
> user agents deal with encoding and different languages.
> Putting text in
> images is merely holding back the progression of technologies
> that would
> fix this issue properly. I might be a progressive zealot but
> someone has
> to ;)

Maybe extreme, but I would liken this to the debacle about sending
XHTML1.1 as true application/xhtml+xml, regardless of possible issues
with
browsers such as IE6...nice in principle, but maybe not the best
course of action in a real-world scenario...
imho, anyway ;)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford