Re: [w3c-wai-ig] <none>

P.H.Lauke wrote:
>>since people without
>>suitable fonts are unlikely to be any the wiser if it was
>>rendered correctly.
>

> If you're only going to provide the language name in the specific
> language's representation, then I would say the theory has a flaw:
> how about users browsing from machines that are not theirs (e.g.
> library, internet cafe, etc) and which do not have the necessary
> font installed ? They'd get the garbled representation, but WOULD actually
> be the wiser if they could see the correct font...

True, but why (as loose example) would someone say in an Iranian
internet cafe/library/what have you, be browsing a Russian web site? One
would expect that a computer/browser being used would have the fonts
needed by the people from that region (ie. a US cafe might have support
for Enlgish and Spanish while a Canadian library might have support for
English and French).

-Andy