Re: A question of interpretation

Tina wrote:
> - Should conformance / accessibility reviews be performed ONLY with
> the listed tools ?

Of course not. The tool has *nothing* to do with it as long as
conformance to the spec is there.

> - Should the WAI WCAG checkpoints be re-interpreted based on perceived
> technological differences from region to region ?

No, of course not. If there are special cases that needs consideration in a specific region, that *region* must cough up its own list of
checkpoints that may or may not be derived from WAI WCAG. This is
what Section 508 is all about, no?

> Thankyou in advance.

As far as I can see it, Funka Nu are not happy because they didn't get
the contract (dealing with it in a very uncooth manner!), and the
agencies tested are jumping on their bandwagon because they don't
like being critizised. I read your original report with great interest
and lots of laughs, and I know from my own similar experiences (albeit
not official work) in the same field that your conclusions are quite
correct.

As one of the first in this field to lash out against poor WAI
implementations, you are at the same time at risk of massive critisism
because people - guilty or not - don't like to be criticised. You are
not wrong; you are brave. Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Alexander
--