Re: Checkpoints 1.1 and 10.1

If you decide (and there is no decision yet from the working group, so
you have to decide for yourself or ask someone to decide for you) that
user agents do allow this, then you can open pop-up windows without
informing the user. In my opinion you should not do it without
informing the user anyway. I prefer the information to be visible, for
reasons I argued already this week on this list.

Which mailing list did you go through? W3C maintains a lot  of them.

With all due respect to Gian (or whoever wrote the text that is on that
site), I think the interpretation you refer to is wrong. Checkpoints
don't over-ride each other, they are atomic requirements. If one is not
met, then the content cannot sensibly claim to be in conformance with
WCAG triple-A (since that is defined as meeting every checkpoint). For
example the fact that DHS chooses to use a product which apparently
does not allow them to meet a checkpoint means they cannot meet the
checkpoint, not that they can claim they do because it is someone
else's fault. (This isn't an accessibility question, its a basic logic
question).

For PDF, if the thing can be transformed to HTML of the required
accessibility level using an automatic translation, and you provide a
link to that service, then it clearly meets the requirements. If it
doesn't then the assessment is a whole separate piece of work. (Of
course if it can be transformed and you have done that to test its
accessibility, why not also make the HTML version available - PDF is
great for printing, but dreadful for online use in many people's
opinions).

(All in my opinion, and being also a Working group member)

Chaals