Re: place-holding characters in edit/text boxes

At 09:04 AM 5/27/2003 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I think it would be useful to ask the WCAG group for an official opinion
>on this than for us to guess. In the absence of their official opinion I
>personally guess that it is OK to leave out the default text now, but
>would rather have some consensus behind the opinion. Watch for a note
>going to the WCAG group...

Was there ever any resolution to this? I'm about to update the
OpenCourseWare site with our "final" default text for our search field.
Seeing as that will require republishing roughly 5500 pages, I'd like to
make sure I get it right. ;)

I'm leaning towards "Enter keyword here" or "Enter search keyword". Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong@pobox.com

http://ocw.mit.edu                        Work.
http://www.brain-stream.com               Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org        Potter.
http://www.city-of-doors.com               Sigil

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE