Re: user stats

Macromedia claim a 97.4% penetration of the Flash plug-in
What was their claims based on? Number of computers sold with Flash
installed?
I would think that there are more that 3% total users of the internet that
are blind. Why would a blind person use Flash????????
Michael

Michael Van Randen
Web Accessibility and Usability Consultant
1236 Greystone Lane
Pensacola Florida, 32514
850-206-4715
tagi11@cox.net

"Counting users on the Internet is like counting the number
 of people using wheelchairs who are inside an inaccessible
 building.  It was once thought that since no wheelchair users
 were in the building, ramps were not needed. "
UNDERSTANDING THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
 Copyright  1999-2003 Cynthia D. Waddell JD
Executive Director of ICDRI
http://www.icdri.org/CynthiaW/the_digital_divide.htm

"...the law does clearly contemplate the coverage of the Internet by Title
III..."
http://www.ncd.gov/newsroom/publications/adainternet.html
Access not exclusion