Re: Declaring <h1> display:inline creates invalid XHTML (Strict)

At 11:52 PM 8/13/2003, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
>I use inline H1 on my three main pages at www.SmackTheMouse.com, the
>homepage, Contents and Search. The pages are valid XHTML 1.1 rendered as
>text/html for the time being.

I'm at a loss why you have used a subject line that suggests a CSS rule can
create invalid HTML.  If the HTML is valid, the styling cannot change that
fact.

>I have been wondering for some time if it is acceptable from an
>accessibility point of view to use inline H1. Here is a chance to hear
>what others have to say.

What makes you think it wouldn't be acceptable?

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
w3c@accessibleinter.net
http://www.accessibleinter.net/