Re: accessible webconferencing applications

At 02:54 PM 5/08/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>My understanding is that no webconferencing software works well with
>screenreaders.  I would be very interested to hear if anyone know of any.
>-Kerstin
>
>Gemayel, Ziad wrote:
>>Does anyone know of "good" webconferencing applications?  Is WebEx
>>accessible?

Hi,

I was doing some research for one of the universities here in australia and
came across these chat rooms / conferencing options that may be of interest:

EASI Chatterbox:  http://easi.cc/cbox/chat.htm

SNOW:  http://snow.utoronto.ca/chat.html

iVocalize: http://www.audio-tips.com/

I've participated in an online conference using the EASI Chatterbox - one
of the participants was using JAWS (4.5 I think) and it seemed to work
reasonably well for everyone.  I am aware of SNOW and iVocalise but have
not tried them.

Will post a seperate message with info I received recently about the latest
version of the iVocalise software.

Sandra.

e-bility Pty Ltd - Inclusive IT
www.e-bility.com