From: Andrew McFarland [mailto:aamcf@aamcf.co.uk]
Sent: 25 July 2003 10:57
To: Mischa Weiss-Lijn
Cc: 'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'
Subject: Re: a word for 'accessible', that people get.

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:13:18AM +0100, Mischa Weiss-Lijn wrote:
> Can anyone suggest another term?

"Easy use"?

"Easier use"?

I was in a bar the other day. The main toliets were up a flight of
stairs. There was a toilet on the main floor, labelled with the text
"Easy access toilet" which struck me as being quite a nice inclusive
term; it wasn't for disabled people, to was for people who couldn't get
up the stairs.

Andrew
--
Andrew McFarland
http://www.mcfarland.co.uk/andrew/

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Oyster Partners Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oyster Partners Ltd.