RE: Decorators with keyboards

Hi

I agree that many graphic designers just don't grasp the basic concept
of how/why the web works, things along the lines of 'you can't do that
because it won't work in all platforms/browsers' just leaves many with
blank faces; and the most recent [on-going] argument I am having with a
graphic designer is that 'no' you can't use that rare Mac only font as
the body text for your web site......

However I think that Schofield's article smacks of a rant for rant sake.
He seems to have lumped all web sites under one roof and it's my
personal belief that not all web sites should follow the same pattern.
For example in the use of printed media - I would expect an academic
journal to look/feel/read a lot differently to a music or design
magazine.

Perhaps it could be argued that there are times when 'coolness' is
important - I don't think the average 16 year old looking at some rock
bands web site would expect a google/hotmail/amazon style site - I
suspect that the more fancy, flashy 'cool' stuff there is the better.

Just my rant..
Angela

Angela K Hilton
Web & E-Learning Officer