Re: Decorators with keyboards

I agree totally with you here, Mike.

Web sites are information. Good graphic designers are all about conveying
information clearly and meaningfully. The web gives us many challenges
beyond print and it takes an information/graphic designer (who understands
the concepts behind code, usability and accessibility) and a coder (who
appreciates the importance of usability, accesibility and design) and a
copywriter who knows about the particular challenges of the web to make a
site that does it well. One brain can't hold all that. We have a duty to
understand the problems and jointly come up with the solutions, whilst
remembering that everyone has a right to the information we put up there.

It's a visually literate world out there. We have to remember that. Meaning
is conveyed in many different ways, and I, for one, need visual pointers,
clear layout and, actually, something to not look dog ugly, for it to hold
my attention. I am lucky. I am sighted (with the aid of these thick
lenses..) But most people have at least some vision that a wise approach to
visual design can help.  We can work and work at making beautiful code for
the programmers who want to inspect it and the people who access it through
screen readers/lynx whatever, and we should make our sites as beautiful on
the surface as they are underneath. And that does not mean eye candy, it
means finding a form that is fit for its purpose that doesn't add to all the
mess there is in this world.

Hope this makes sense. ending a 16 hour work session now.

Julia
-----
we3

-----