Re: divs and screen readers

Hi Julia,

 From a very quick test with Jaws 4.5: Yes, I get the same effect of
reading across columns.

If I'm understanding the source code correctly, some of the divs are very
small, with, for example, the "text-only" & search form field having their
own sets of div tags. So the screen readers are interpreting them as
separate logical units.

I think if you had the div tags surrounding each full column of
information, then the screen readers would put the (now larger) blocks in
the right order.

Just my best-guess,

Patrick

[...]