Re: divs and screen readers

Juila,

If I'm following your description correctly, Window-Eyes 4.5 reads each
column separately, rather than one line at a time from each column. But I'm
also not convinced that you're using the other screen readers correctly.
Are you attempting to read the web page with the mouse?

Remember that the majority of visually impaired people using screen readers
will not be using the mouse pointer to read web pages. Screen readers in
general usually have a specific method for reading web pages.

Window-Eyes, for example, places you in a quasi-word processor type mode
where you can use your arrow keys to move line by line, word by word,
character by character, link by link, paragraph by paragraph, heading by
heading, and so on, and so on. Using this method, the column example you
have listed in your message works correctly.

Aaron

--
To insure that you receive proper support, please include all
past correspondence (where applicable), and any relevant

Aaron Smith
GW Micro
Phone: 260/489-3671
Fax: 260/489-2608